The buzz around Facebook Live started last year with the talk of 2017 being “the year of the video” and so far it’s lived up to the hype. One of the biggest platforms for video is turning out to be Facebook Live and there are several reasons.
- It’s easy! Doing a FB live video can be as easy or as difficult as you make it. It can be anything from an impromptu comment you would like to make to your followers or a practiced, professionally filmed production happening live, i.e. workshop or conference.
- Your audience will love seeing the “real” you – Unplanned and unrehearsed live videos let your followers see you are a real person, the actual face behind your brand. It makes you seem more relatable. Take this opportunity to show some personality!
- Priority posting – FB now has over 1.7 billion, yes BILLION, monthly active users. With Facebook’s algorithm gives priority posting to live video this gives you an unrivaled opportunity to reach a wider audience. Your organic reach will be much higher with live video than with regular posts.
- More traffic – With the ability to reach more users, live video will drive more traffic to your Facebook page than standard video content or regular posts. Facebook said recently that live videos can drive 10 times more comments because of the real time connection with followers.
- Choice of page, profile, or event – You can “go live” from your personal profile, your FB page, group, or event an event if you responded as going. You will need to have the FB Pages Manager app to stream live from your Page.
- Lots of ideas to stream live – You can hold Q&A sessions, product demos, live steam an event, live tutorials and workshops, interviews, behind scene looks.
One of the most important things to remember when doing a Facebook live event is to be sure you have a strong WiFi connection or 4G. You want to be sure your viewers can see you!
So you might be thinking you’ve never seen a live video from me. This is one of those times when I use the phrase my mother used often…..Do as I say, not as I do! As I sit here and tell you it’s okay to just do a quick impromptu video, I think to myself that no one wants to see me without make up on! I don’t “get made up” on a daily basis. That’s just one of the perks from working from home. ? But you know what? It’s really just an excuse. Who really cares, right? So who’s with me? I’ll show you mine if you show me yours!